How to change TeamViewer ID after cloningThere are many tutorials on the internet that shows how to change a Teamviewer ID after cloning a VM but i found no instruction that shows me how to keep the ID on the original machine and change the ID on the new VM – without deleting any registry keys.
I got this Solution from the Teamviewer Support!
1. At the VM you want to keep the ID
- navigate in the registry to:
- add a new D-WORD value (32 bit).
Value: 3 (hex/deci)
2. At the VM you want to change the ID
Only if Teamviewer was executed and/or installed follow these steps:
- stop Teamviewer(!)
- navigate to:
Delete the VersionX (e.g. Version7) folder.
- restart the computer
- start Teamviewer – now Teamviewer should renew the ID
MIDForceUpdate tells the Teamviewer server that the machine XYZ has the ID XXX-XXX-XXX. This entry forces every other machine with the same ID to renew it.